Reserve IP Addresses / Make sure we can keep an IP if we recreate a droplet.
Dries Van Damme
When destroying a droplet there's a 99% chance that you will get your IP back. If someone creates a droplet while destroying/creating a new one and steals your IP, it's a pain, even if the chances are <1%.
This 1% is too much for some. An IP is an important number, your server might not be able to send emails if the last IP's user was sending spam through it.
Software licenses are also tied to IP sometimes.
When I want to rebuild a server (or resize: disk size) I want to make sure that I get my IP back.
Please figure out a way so that we don't lose our IP (100% guaranteed) when we destroy/recreate a droplet.
This post was marked as