allow Floating IPs to point to load balancers
This would allow me to scale an app seamlessly in real time, instead of needing to carefully time it against DNS cache latency. After playing around with the new Load Balancers for a bit, It seems like an obvious extension. By the way, I'm really pleased with the feature. It seems very polished.
Add IPv6 support to Floating IPs
Very simple. Ipv4 AND ipv6 records with floating ip's
support Http2 for DO Spaces
I Can't get my site to 100% performance in Google lighthouse, because I use spaces to serve my images. I want to stay with DO, but this issue is huge for me. I believe it is affecting my Google rankings. I was number one on the SERPS for many keywords, but my rankins are now dropping. IF Spaces used http2, then I would be very happy. It cant be that hard surely?
Hard and soft limit for network to prevent overcharge on DDOS
Add the ability to set the soft and hard limit on some bandwidth usage - to prevent 0.01$ charge for 1GB of exceeding monthly droplet quota
PTR Record for LoadBalancers
I'd like to be able to set up PTR Records for LoadBalancers similarly to Droplets.
Reserve IP Addresses / Make sure we can keep an IP if we recreate a droplet.
When destroying a droplet there's a 99% chance that you will get your IP back. If someone creates a droplet while destroying/creating a new one and steals your IP, it's a pain, even if the chances are <1%. This 1% is too much for some. An IP is an important number, your server might not be able to send emails if the last IP's user was sending spam through it. Software licenses are also tied to IP sometimes. When I want to rebuild a server (or resize: disk size) I want to make sure that I get my IP back. Please figure out a way so that we don't lose our IP (100% guaranteed) when we destroy/recreate a droplet.
Importing existing DNS records
Importing existing DNS records for the domain, I am adding to DO DNS would be nice. Currently, I am using mxtoolbox.com to look up records. In other words, adding DIG into the DNS control panel to retrieve DNS Information.
Add "Manage SSL Certificates" to Manage > Networking
Hello! I am submitting this at the suggestion of Whitney. I had deleted a load balancer that SSL configured, and was confused as to why the cert wasn't cleaned up too. Whitney helped me locate where SSL management was under Security. While in hindsight I completely agree this is the correct place for it, I was certain there would be the ability to manage them or at least a link to manage them within the Manage > Networking section. My suggestion is to add a link titled "Manage SSL Certificates" on the Networking page, possibly on the Domain pages as well, that takes you to the Security page with the SSL cert management features. It's a small suggestion, but I think it will palpably improve the UX of SSL management. Digital Ocean is the best, bar none! Thank you for everything! Tom
Protect load balancer with cloud firewall
it would be great if load balancers will be protected too as droplets.
GEO DNS Service (visitor goes to the geographically closest droplet)
GEO DNS + Multiple droplets.. is more than AWESOME setup..!! I'd love to see this service soon in DO, where you can create several droplets in several data centers and point your DNS zones toward these droplet. Visitors from NY for example get served by NY Droplet(s), Visitors from AMS get served by AMS Droplet(s). This way, you can build your own CDN within few moments, and get your websites performance-extra-charged. Your Votes, comments ?!